Save 26 May – A two parts day: “IBM i” 7.3 announcement and “Bluemix”.
1. “IBM i” 7.3 is like a good wine, improving year after year to suit to your business taste. This presentation
covers all the latest trends and directions in the marketplace, the POWER & IBM i roadmaps and the
key DB2 technologies that IBM have been adding. You will also hear all the latest announcement about
infrastructure news like new larger and cost effective SSDs and how to get faster insights and business value
by using Flash Storage with IBM i. Also, Fabian will explain how IBM i can easily play in Hybrid Cloud scenarios.
The most important IBM i is security authority collection that helps you secure the platform by giving
correct authority to you users and not more.
2. Bluemix is the IBM cloud platform to accelerate innovation on both sides of the firewall. What’s in it for IBM i?
How to take a fast start and integrate it in your mobile, IoT and other applications running on your IBM i.
Attend the second part to know this “in your language”.
Abstracts and speaker details: coming soon.
Date: Thursday 26 May 2016
Venue: IBM Client Center, Avenue de Bourget 42 Bourgetlaan, 1130 Evere (Brussels)
Agenda (subject to change)
Thursday 26 May 2016, 12:00 to 17:00 hours
Location - IBM Client Center Brussels, (Avenue Bourget 42 Bourgetlaan, Evere)
• 12:00 – 12:40 Registrations, networking and welcome lunch
• 12:40 – 12:50 Introduction , Shrirang “Ranga” Deshpande, COMMON Belgium
• 12:50 – 13:50 IBM i 7.3 Infrastructure and security enhancements, Fabian Michel, IBM Belgium
• 13:50 – 14:10 Networking coffee
• 14:10 – 15:10 IBM i 7.3 DB2 and language enhancements, Paul Masschelein, IBM Belgium
• 15:10 – 16:30 Bluemix – Why you need to know it, Eric Cattoir, IBM Belgium
• 16:30 – 17:00 Networking and closing drink
Venue: IBM Client Center (Forum), Avenue du Bourgetlaan 42-44, Evere, Brussels